Corporate Social Responsibility Volunteer at International Alert
We are looking for a part-time CSR volunteer to support International Alert’s corporate engagement work from February-December 2015.
In 2015, Alert will be increasing its corporate engagement work. As part of this we will be holding a series of events and consultations that will culminate in the launch of new tools and case studies to update our Conflict Sensitive Business Practice: Guidance for Extractive Industries (CSBP). By harnessing our networks with companies and other private sector actors, we will build on and advance CSBP as a tool to minimise negative impacts from operations while promoting positive ones.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct research on companies and assist with the compilation of company profiles;
- Provide logistical support for the organisation of external events for CSBP stakeholders;
- Support the Unrestricted Fundraising and the Economy and Peacebuilding teams in corporate approaches and relationships.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A knowledge of CSR issues, especially in relation to the extractives industry;
- Good research skills;
- Good administrative and organisational skills;
- A professional manner and the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders.
Job title: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Volunteer
Contract: 2-3 days per week
Closing date: 13 February 2015, 5pm