Events Coordinator at Response Global Media
Response Global Media (RGM) is seeking an Events Co-ordinator to work in its central London office to assist with all aspects of the planning and production of its international conferences, seminars and other events for professionals in the field of sustainable finance.
Response Global Media (RGM) is a fast-growing, independent media company, which has gone from start-up to 13 people and is hiring to further grow its events business.
We operate in one of the most interesting, growing areas in economics and finance today: the impact of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues on institutional investment by pension funds, charities, foundations, asset managers and banks.
This is an exciting time to be joining a business as it moves into a major growth phase.
The position would suit a highly motivated, well-organised, self-starter graduate with a keen interest in sustainability and a desire to be very hands-on in a company where you gain real career experience. Knowledge of events organisation/administration is advantageous but not essential. Enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and hard work are!
Other key skills: outstanding administrative skills (and related IT experience: Excel, spreadsheet management), good communication and interaction with senior professionals, personable and collegiate, entrepreneurial spirit, languages a bonus.
RGM comprises several business lines:
• Responsible-Investor.com, the successful on-line, daily news service on ESG and sustainable finance for the world’s biggest institutional investors (banks, asset managers, pension funds, corporates): https://www.responsible-investor.com
• RI Events: sustainable finance conferences in London, New York and Tokyo.
• Multi-media platforms including webinars, RI-TV, etc
• A newly launched quarterly print magazine: ESG Magazine: https://www.responsibleinvestor.com/home/article/ri_esg/
RGM produces 5-6 conferences annually in Europe, North America and Asia, see www.responsibleinvestor.com/events and we will be doing more. The Events Co-Ordinator will join a dedicated three-person conference team consisting of two Events Leaders that work directly with RGM management. You will play an important role in developing our exciting events business.
The Events Co-Ordinator manages the logistics for RI events.
Responsibilities will include (not definitive):
• Administration of RI Events calendar and workflow
• Conference venue: identification, logistics, negotiation, contract, etc.
• Pre-conference logistics: programme co-ordination with Events Leaders for web site content and data management
• Creating and updating event websites
• Administering mobile event apps and event social media programmes.
• Delegates: co-ordination with RI delegate sales staff, logistics and administration
• Conference budgeting
• Event logistics: management of on-day event staffing, A/V liaison, event organisation, etc
• Post event: data collection/co-ordination
• 3+ years experience in an office environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent basic IT skills: Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Strong desire to learn about the live events business from the ground up
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Permission to work in the UK
Salary: commensurate with experience
The position reports directly to Hugh Wheelan, Co-founder and Managing Editor, RGM.
Please send a CV and letter telling us why this job is for you, what you can bring to it and how, and some thoughts on what we should be doing to grow our events.
To: Hugh Wheelan, Co-founder, Managing Editor [email protected]
Job title: Events Coordinator
Closing date: Rolling application