How business can tackle deforestation
6-7 April | Washington, DC
A two-day discussion, debate and best practice forum, with interactive working groups
This forum builds on previous meetings in Washington DC, London and Singapore and is designed to provide practical guidance for the development and implementation of zero deforestation policies.
Key players from business, government, NGOs and the investment community, will come together to discuss the latest trends and challenges faced in the effort to remove deforestation from corporate supply chains.
Topics we will discuss include:
- Smallholder farmer engagement: A look at the practical examples of successful engagement and how these might be scaled
- Forest restoration: A critical debate on whether company commitments to restore forests are sustainable, or even possible
- Moving forward post COP21: Evaluation of the outcomes and what they mean for business
- Transferable lessons: the soy moratorium Analysis of the key elements of success, and lessons learned for transferring the model elsewhere
- Meeting company commitments: Find out how far companies have come, the challenges they face and how to overcome them
- Clarifying zero v net-zero deforestation: Understand the difference in this complex and critical area, and find out what approach companies should take
- Effective collaboration: Steps to making partnerships work
View the full list of speakers here.
Who is attending?
Attending will be senior professionals representing large corporations from corporate responsibility, sustainability and supply chain job functions. We are bringing together the NGOs that can help you make a real difference. We’re actively restricting the number of service providers to ensure a minimum of 80% of attendees are corporate practitioners and key NGOs, to ensure the conference delivers maximum value – and maximum impact.
How is this conference different?
More time for genuine discussion – the agenda and timings have been built to provide time for deeper debate and meaningful exchange beyond introductions and superficial outlines of initiatives.
Held under the Chatham House rule – this event is not intended as a PR platform – we hold the event under a covenant of confidentiality to promote open, honest exchange.
Content is designed for action and practice – the agenda and event structure is designed to provide actionable tools and practical insights that can be applied.
If you would like to discuss further being involved as a speaker, sponsor, media partner or delegate. Please drop an email to:
+44 (0) 203 780 7435