Intern, Advisory Services at BSR
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR's more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
BSR is seeking talented student professionals who are currently enrolled in a leading master’s degree program to join our Hong Kong team in 2014. Internship candidates should have a strong interest in working with companies to integrate sustainability into business strategies and further BSR’s mission to create a just and sustainable world.
We are looking for someone who exhibits analytical thinking, curiosity, and a passion for sustainable business. Each intern will be provided the opportunity to work on a long term research project and to participate in client facing work. Responsibilities include research, analysis, communications, direct client work, and an opportunity to understand BSR’s unique organizational model. Interns will work closely with BSR staff to address current business challenges and contribute solutions to some of today’s most important global issues.
- Research and analysis: Manage and/or conduct primary and secondary research on a broad spectrum of market, stakeholder, and policy issues, and perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of empirical data.
- Advisory services: Collaborate with BSR staff on work with clients across several industries and topical areas. Activities may include assisting on projects for senior-level clients, conducting original research and analysis, and facilitating meetings.
- Writing and communications: Prepare and/or edit written reports and briefs targeted at a business audience and develop and deliver written and oral presentations.
- BSR strategy: Help BSR identify new business and research opportunities through analysis of trends and market conditions. Liaise with senior-level management on issues, trends, and market conditions.
NOTE: Only candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, strong academic and professional record, and current enrollment in graduate or advanced-degree program (i.e. MBA, MPA, MA, MPH, MPP, MSW, JD etc.).
- Professional experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated success in business strategy and organizational leadership.
- Skills: Exceptional writing, research, communications, social media, presentation, organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical expertise: Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Candidates must have a passion for global sustainability issues and a drive to deliver excellent internal and external client service.
BSR is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill and is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. BSR is an EEOC employer.