Manager, Investor Programs at CERES
Ceres is looking to hire a Manager to join its Investor Program. We are looking for candidates with specific expertise in sustainability policy/disclosure/project management or those with experience in organizing investors or companies around sustainability topics.
The Ceres Investor Program is specifically looking for someone that will support and help lead our work with stock exchanges, within Ceres’ Investor Initiative for Sustainable Exchanges (IISE). This is a full-time position, based in Boston, MA, that will report to the Senior Manager of the IISE project.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the production, release and distribution of new research reports and related blog posts, op-eds, and articles that advance the IISE’s work around listing rules at global stock exchanges on mandatory sustainability reporting.
- Communicate directly with investors, companies, exchanges and regulators on IISE priorities.
- Provide ongoing research, writing, and project management support to IISE projects.
- Support dialogues between investors and stock exchanges on sustainability disclosure topics.
- Lead monthly webinars and conference calls with our IISE Working Group, including setting agendas, moderating, organizing guest speakers, and outreach and logistics.
- Produce a monthly newsletter focused on the exchange and regulatory communities, related to sustainability and governance topics--in partnership with the U.N.
- Assist the Senior Manager in working with the Ceres Development team to craft fundraising proposals and reports for relevant projects.
- Assist the Senior Manager in working with the Communications team on IISE priorities.
- Provide research and data input for a joint database (with the U.N.) on stock exchange progress related to sustainability matters.
- Represent Ceres as a speaker at conferences and events.
- Assist with planning for the Ceres annual conference and other events.
- Keep current on IISE-related news and progress around the world.
- Serve as a relationship manager with a select group of investor members of INCR.
- Support the implementation and development of IISE management and planning systems, including developing goals, tracking indicators and evaluating the results and progress of the program.
- Assist with supervising interns and contract staff on IISE projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate degree in business, environment, law, public policy, or related field preferred.
- Five years of work experience, preferably direct experience working in the corporate, investor or nonprofit sectors on a sustainability-related issue.
- Substantial expertise on environmental sustainability issues, with a preference for expertise in sustainability disclosure topics. Familiarity with popular sustainability reporting frameworks is a plus.
- An understanding of the following entities; corporations, stock exchanges, investment firms, financial institutions, or institutional investors.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Effective presentation style and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Social media skills preferred.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, listserv program, etc.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to [email protected]. Please use the words “Manager, Investor Programs” in the subject line of your e-mail message.