Online Legal Services Officer at A4ID
- Experience writing and designing e-learning modules
- Experience designing and implementing online tools that are easy for members of the public to use
- Experience creating systems to track usage of online services
- Experience using Salesforce and Conga Composer
- Experience integrating websites with online tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Willingness to take on high level and mundane tasks and perform both with excellence
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work to agreed deadlines and frameworks
Advocates for International Development (A4ID) is the charity that empowers lawyers to use their skills to fight world poverty. Through our pro bono broker, legal education and thought leadership work we are helping the legal sector to meet its global corporate social responsibility to bring about sustainable development.
A4ID’s Online Legal Services Officer is a new post within A4ID. Its purpose is to develop A4ID’s e-learning and other online tools which enable international development organisations to use the law more effectively in their work. In particular, this post will be responsible for coordinating two projects: an online legal health check self-assessment process and an e-learning module on defamation law. This will involve selecting and building online systems that are suitable for the projects’ goals, A4ID’s website (currently being developed in WordPress), Salesforce integration and monitoring usage. It will also involve ensuring the projects are completed to a high standard, with a good user experience and learning outcomes.
The person will work closely with other A4ID staff and partners who will provide the legal knowledge required. While specialist communications and IT consultants can be used to some extent, the person will be expected to do a significant amount of the technical IT work themselves.
- Consider A4ID’s needs in the short and long term in relation to online legal services, and select and build suitable products to implement the technical aspects for two new online projects
- Consult with intended users and ensure projects are completed to enable users to learn effectively through A4ID’s online tools
- Coordinate the input of A4ID staff, legal and development partners, and other technical specialists (e.g. communications and IT consultants) into the online projects
- Identify further ways A4ID could develop its online legal services and seek out opportunities to fund them
- Other general administration tasks as required
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of Partnerships and Legal Services.
Job title: Online Legal Services Officer
Contract: Part-time for 6 months (extension possible)
Closing date: 15 February 2016