Programme officer for the Americas Desk
- Location: FIDH Brussels office and FIDH Paris headquarters
- Salary: 31,000/33,000 euros annually gross
- Contract Type: 8 months
- Closing Date: 05/12/2019
A. Contribute to the execution of office activities.
- Write or coordinate the composition of advocacy notes, press communications, letters to authorities, urgent resolutions, position notes, and investigation reports.
- Participate in the litigation of the office (drafting of conclusions, monitoring of ongoing processes, accompaniment of victims)
- Prepare missions of research, judicial observation, national advocacy, international solidarity, and workshops. Organise activities, participate in some of them, contribute to their follow up
- Organise, in conjunction with FIDH delegations, advocacy activities for international organisations and governments (request appointments, reserve hotels, etc.)
- Coordinate the translation and circulation of documents (by email, internet publications, or printed versions), with the consultation of the offices of Press and Communication
- Coordinate the production of office-specific communication materials, in conjunction with the Office of Communication
- Participate in meetings with local, regional, and international partners
- Participate in the programming and the reporting of office activities, update monthly the activity tracking chart (including the collection of indicators and results) and produce status reports
B. Contribute to the administration of projects and search for financing for the Office of the Americas
- Participate in responding to calls from donors in the region of the Americas
- Coordinate two FIDH projects (financial monitoring, monitoring of the work plan in coordination with the local league, reports, implementation of activities, and hiring of consultants).
C. Contribute to the consolidation of the relationship with internal and external actors
- Facilitate the communication between member organizations and partners of FIDH that maintain a relationship with the Office of the Americas
- In relation to the team of the Office of the Americas, ensure fluid communication of information with advisory members, administration y program managers
- Ensure the accompaniment and support of human rights defenders on the ground (for example, in their displacements, and their meetings with states, IGO, NGOs, or with material support or logistics of their visits).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position, by the time the position begins.
- Level of education required: Masters in Law (Human Rights, International Criminal Law), Political Science with a focus in Human Rights or Development. Experience in the field of documentation of violations of human rights or strategic litigation for criminal under international law is an advantage.
- Familiar with project engineering (project cycle, logical framework, etc.), contract cycle (concept notes, project proposals, reports and audits).
- Perfect command of Spanish, good knowledge of French or English.
If you think you fit the profile we are looking for, send your CV and a cover letter before the 5th of December, specifying the position reference (CP-AL-2020) to the following email: [email protected]
Interviews will be conducted in the course of the process