Senior Advisor, Responsible Business
CDA Collaborative Learning Projects
- Location: Cambridge, MA
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Contract Type: Permanent position
- Closing Date: 13/02/2017
CDA is seeking a Senior Advisor on Responsible Business to join its Responsible Business Practice Area team. This is envisioned as a full-time position, however current funding supports a part-time position, with benefits, that will expand as new partnerships and research and learning projects are developed and funded. Working as a member of CDA’s Responsible Business team, the Senior Advisor will play a primary role in developing new partnerships with companies, particularly in the extractive industries. The Senior Advisor will also participate in CDA’s work with individual companies, including project site assessments, coaching of company staff, and policy review activities, and will contribute as appropriate to public knowledge of good practice through the publication of practice notes, tools, and guidance. The Senior Advisor will also contribute to CDA’s ongoing learning projects that focus on responsible business in fragile and conflict-affected states, and develop new opportunities for collaborative learning and applied research initiatives. Independent leadership and will be expected from the Sr. Advisor, and the successful candidate will enjoy a relatively high degree of autonomy within the framework of CDA’s overall approach to responsible business.
• Coordinate and collaborate closely with CDA’s Responsible Business Practice Area team (this does not involve staff supervision), and contribute to the overall development of the Practice Area;
• Identify emerging trends in relation to responsible business that might inform new partnerships for advisory services, research and development, and/or collaborative learning projects.
• Develop new partnerships, based on CDA’s established modalities of corporate engagement and in response to opportunities to develop new modalities, with extractive sector companies, and other private sector actors as appropriate;
• Provide services in the area of responsible business through analysis, capacity building, coaching, accompaniment and mentoring of company staff;
• Lead assessment engagements using tools, principles, and knowledge derived from CDA’s Corporate Engagement Program;
• Develop new content for advisory service engagements;
• Contribute to internal and external learning processes from advisory services.
Program Management, Budgeting & Fundraising
• Establish and maintain constructive and strong relationships with select donors and CDA partners;
• Contribute to preparation of funding proposals, particularly those related to Responsible Business Practice Area initiatives;
• Develop and manage budgets and reporting in relation to those partner engagements and collaborative learning activities in which the Senior Advisor is the lead;
• Coach, mentor and/or supervise junior staff, as requested;
• Supervise and work with consultants on specific projects.
Dissemination & Outreach
• Present new content, lessons and findings to key external audiences for general awareness raising and partnership development;
• Oversee the organization of events, such as trainings, consultations and workshops;
• Represent CDA at key professional conferences.
General Office Responsibilities
• Develop a working knowledge of the full range of CDA practice areas, principal tools and concepts, and strive to integrate them into personal and Responsible Business practice;
• Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings in person or via phone/Skype; and quarterly CDA staff meetings in person;
• Respond, as possible, to requests for assistance with additional tasks not otherwise described in this job description.
Please submit the following by COB (EST) on Monday, February 13th, 2017 to [email protected]
• A cover letter expressing the reasons for your interest in this position and describing how your experience and qualifications meet the required and desirable qualifications listed above.
• Your résumé or curriculum vitae.