Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at Walgreens
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Develop and continuously monitor social responsibility initiatives that encompass the sourcing of materials through manufacturing and the sale of products. Meet regularly with purchasing, manufacturing, and sales leadership to ensure social responsibility initiatives are being met. Engage and influence suppliers to ensure they meet company standards.
- Develops, implements, and administers community/public affairs and social responsibility programs for company.
- Ensures the connection between the business agenda with broader reputation and social issues.
- Manages the development and cross functional work to implement programs and processes that support CSR goals consistent with business objectives and that align employees and functions behind the pursuit of these established CSR goals.
- Creates and maintains meaningful metrics and audit mechanisms for CSR efforts. Ensures that consensus support for CSR initiatives exists by way of using metrics and other business case analytics to demonstrate value.
- Builds and maintains relationships with external stakeholders, such as community groups, NGOs, policymakers, industry associations, CSR associations, etc. to develop best practice recommendations and initiatives. Ensures up-to-date benchmarking information as well as the advancement of Walgreens brand, sustainability message and position. Serving as the external representative for Walgreens with regard to CSR.
- Engages in the evaluation, development and implementation of potential channel strategies and explores expansion into applicable web and social marketing mediums.
- Manages short and long term sustainable strategy and goals for organization-wide CSR efforts. Builds and expands the visibility of Walgreen’s brand and reputation in CSR and works to incorporate CSR throughout the organization and to the external marketplace. Ensures that the social responsibility initiatives are instilled in the Walgreens brand/name and known by the consumer.
- Oversees and directs the work of team members within the business that report indirectly. Enforces accountability for program work by indirect resources through development/enforcement of metrics and measurement of each program.
- Responsible for the preparation of the CSR portion of the annual report.
- Responds to employee and customer inquiries regarding community involvement.
- Represents company at public functions related to charitable or community-based activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of experience in operations, integrity, sustainability, retail management OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in operations, integrity, sustainability, retail management
- Maintains knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues and may interact with local governments.
- Experience operating across more than one division.
- Experience developing presentations and delivering presentations to the most senior levels within the organization.
- Experience with CSR principles and working to expand impact on business operations.
- Experience in retail or dynamic corporate organization
- Knowledge of and passion for sustainability and corporate responsibility issues.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- At least 1 year experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
Job title: Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Closing date: Open until filled