Senior Researcher at Corporate Accountability International
As the Senior Researcher, you will play a lead role in providing the information, analysis, and leadership necessary to develop and wage Corporate Accountability International’s campaigns challenging the fast food and fossil fuel industries. The campaign to Challenge Corporate Abuse of Our Food challenges Big Food for its egregious abuses across the food system, ensuring we have a sustainable food system that nourishes us instead of making us sick. The project to Kick Big Polluters out of Climate Policy is ensuring the world’s biggest transnational polluters are excluded from climate negotiations, putting the international community on a path to act quickly to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through strong international policy.
Your research will focus on documenting abuses of these industries, developing campaign strategies and tactics, and supporting the advancement of policies and international regulatory instruments to hold transnational corporations accountable. You will work in close partnership with the organization’s campaigns team and be responsible for gathering, analyzing and presenting information; fact-checking campaign and fundraising materials; organizing at United Nations treaty negotiations and policy meetings; and maintaining relationships with key allied organizations.
Play a lead role in the development of strategies on the campaign to Challenge Corporate Abuse of our Food and the project to Kick Big Polluters out of Climate Policy. Produce research and analysis to challenge the fast food industry’s impact on the food system and children’s health, as well as the fossil fuel industry’s abuses and influence over climate policy, to inform campaign plans.
Develop and implement strategies to advance international policy through regulatory bodies,including the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), World Health Organization (WHO), and Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Conceptualize and conduct research and written analysis of transnational corporate activities and industry trends. Monitor and analyze developments in both industries.
Identify and build relationships with key organizational allies and experts with particular attention to the international setting. Represent the organization as a spokesperson and advocate at conferences, shareholders’ meetings, policy meetings and expert gatherings.
Produce written reports and analysis for public distribution and internal purposes.
Ensure accuracy of campaign, fundraising, and media materials.
Participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising, and campaign activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate accountability and social justice, with a global perspective.
- At least three years of experience in strategic corporate research, organizing, and/or advocacy, preferably at a campaign-oriented organization.
- A background in international policy development and organizing, preferably related to climate change and/or food policy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant foreign language skills a plus.
- Fundraising experience a major plus.
- Knowledge of corporate accountability issues.
- Ability to plan and manage several projects at once with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis, including facility with spreadsheets.
- Experience with fact-checking.
Job title: Senior Researcher
Closing date: Rolling application