Social Compliance Associate
Fair Labor Association
- Location: Washington, DC
- Rolling application
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations and colleges and universities to promote and protect workers’ rights and to improve working conditions globally through adherence to international standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Geneva, Switzerland and Cote d’Ivoire, Ivory Coast.
The Social Compliance Associate is responsible for supporting the ongoing evaluations of business affiliates in the Accreditation Program. The Social Compliance Associate also reviews and analyzes public reports related to the independent workplace assessments conducted by the FLA and contribute to the smooth operations of the Social Compliance department.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Reviews, analyzes, and responds to company compliance documentation, including self- assessment results, field observation reports, factory assessments, and others.
- Conducts quality review of factory assessment reports.
- Checks content accuracy and edits for language and grammar.
- Tracks departmental workflow;
- Assists with the administrative demands of the accreditation process; and help manage logistics related to independent workplace assessments.
- Contributes to the FLA’s evaluation of affiliated companies’ labor compliance programs, consistent with the FLA Charter, Principles, -Code of Conduct and Benchmarks and adopted policies and procedures.
- Assists with headquarter-level assessments, field observations and desktop verification of affiliate efforts.
- Contributes to comprehensive written reports to affiliates, senior staff, and the FLA Board.
- Contributes to the development of new tools, policies, and procedures to enhance the work of the Social Compliance department.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
For more information please follow Link to Job.