Supply Chain Consultant, Apparel & Home Goods at Fair Trade USA
Fair Trade USA is hiring another SE Asia based Fair Trade manufacturing consultant to support their efforts to bring new factories through the Fair Trade training and certification process.
Fair Trade USA (FT USA) is an entrepreneurial, non-profit organization and the leading independent third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the US. Our unique market-based model for sustainability links millions of farming families and factory workers in the developing world to almost 800 leading US companies through more direct, equitable trading partnerships.
We are looking for a part-time consultant to contribute to the rapid growth of Fair Trade USA’s Apparel and Home Goods certification program. You will cultivate relationships with factory management, workers, auditors, trainers and industry partners to support their Fair Trade certification journey. This category is experiencing fast-paced growth and we are looking for a self-starter who can hit the ground running.
• Work with FT USA Supply Chain Team to develop processes that ensure successful onboarding of new Fair Trade certified factories in Vietnam and SE Asia.
• Visit furniture, home goods and apparel manufacturing facilities to work directly with management, workers and compliance teams to support adherence to the Fair Trade standards.
• Work with FT USA on program elements specific to manufacturing, labor laws and compliance in Vietnam and SE Asia.
• Conduct worker training sessions (or oversee qualified training providers), assist in establishing the Fair Trade Committee, provide guidance on use of Fair Trade premium funds and inspire employee adoption of the FT program.
• Liaise with Vietnam and SE Asia based staff of global brands the source Fair Trade products.
• Coordinate with third parties for inspection, training and certification.
• Refine inspection strategies in coordination with the FT USA Certification Department including evaluation of audit reports, quality management models and grievance processes.
• Document Fair Trade impact metrics at participating manufacturing facilities.
• Identify partnerships where appropriate and define collaboration strategies.
• Produce locally appropriate training materials and tools.
• Develop, translate, print and distribute marketing materials to manufacturing facility management and workforce.
- B.A. and Masters degree completed or in progress
- Minimum 5-10 years’ work experience in social and environmental compliance with apparel and home goods factories. Experience with supply chain issues in other products a plus.
- Experience living and/or working in Asia – Vietnam preferred
- English fluency - exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Vietnamese and Mandarin language fluency; other SE Asian languages a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience working in the manufacturing sector, global sourcing of apparel and home goods, social certification, SA8000 Core Labor Requirements, Fair Trade certification and corporate social responsibility (CSR)
Job title: Supply Chain Consultant, Apparel & Home Goods at Fair Trade USA
Location: Must be living in Asia – Vietnam preferably
Salary: Daily pay rate or monthly stipend & travel expense reimbursement
Contract: Part-time, minimum of 2 days a week with possibility for full time position. Frequent national and international travel required.
Closing date: 16 January 2015