Tax Power Campaign Africa Coordinator at ActionAid International
Purpose of the role:
The role-holder leads development of, coordinates and delivers pan-African campaign actions, events and mobilisation activities within the African region, in order to meet the Tax Power campaign’s agreed objectives and targets as per agreed strategy, annual plans and donor projects.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supports AA countries in the African region with their campaign plans especially related to implementation of a one-year donor funded grant, but also for other for jointly coordinated Tax Power campaign activities
- Working with ActionAid member countries in the Africa region and other International Secretariat stakeholders, they will ensure effective ownership of these activities across the region. S/he will also ensure effective flow of information about Tax Power campaign actions nationally and regionally across the federation to enhance coordination and shared learning.
- Working closely with the International Tax Power Campaign Project Team, especially International Tax Power Campaign Manager and International Tax Power Campaign Officer, Africa Advocacy Coordinator, International Activista Coordinator, International Digital Campaign Coordinator, other relevant IS functional staff and relevant staff in member countries, they will ensure that public and supporter campaigning and communications strategies for the pan-African campaign can reach and engage large numbers of potential supporters, in line with advocacy objectives
- Further develop and implement pan-African component of the international Tax Power campaign that is consistent with the multi-country Tax Power campaign strategy, and is inspiring for staff, partners, supporters and potential new supporters across participating countries of the ActionAid federation and the staff of the International Secretariat
- Contribute from pan-African perspective to annual planning and budgeting, trimestral and annual reporting and budget monitoring by providing information and filling in templates provided
- Build and maintain relationships with CSO and social movement allies working at the African level on tax issues and where desirable and possible, undertake joint planning with allies for common campaign actions
- Monitor project activities across African countries, ensuring project grant outputs are implemented, outcomes are tracked and achieved and partners strictly follow donor procurement rules.
In collaboration with International tax Power Campaign Manager prepare pan-African campaign activity based budgets, country grants, and monitor actual country spending and reporting against these budgets.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant degree / Masters or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written English
- Experience of planning and executing African (preferably pan-African) campaigns aimed at engaging the public and influencing decision-makers
- Good understanding of the diverse campaign environments across Africa
- Strong, demonstrable project management skills, preferably in public campaigning, and in a cross-cultural and cross-organisational environment
- Substantial experience of writing and designing campaign actions and other communication materials, using both online and print approaches.
- Key African languages such as French, Portuguese, or Kiswahili
- Understanding and/or experience of tax justice issues
- Familiarity with donor funds management
- Experience of working in a digital communications organisation, preferably in an African country context
Job title: Tax Power Campaign Africa Coordinator
Location: Johannesburg and Nairobi preferred
Salary: £36,035 per annum
Contract: 12 months
Closing date: 8 March 2015