Le géant pétrolier français Total reprend pied au Soudan
AFP, 2 juillet 2008
Finance-Darfour : Des groupes demandent aux fonds américains de lâcher les firmes pétrolières chinoises
Abid Aslam, IPS News, 8 septembre 2007
Talisman devra répondre de ses actes
Droits et Démocratie, 30 avril 2002
Histoires et éléments mentionnés dans ce domaine à la loupe
Auteur: Ulf Laessing, Reuters
...[Gold] has begun to alter the nature of the decade-old conflict in Darfur, transforming it from an ethnic and political fight to one that, at least in part, is over precious metal. Fighting between rival tribes over the Jebel Amer gold mine...has...
Auteur: European Coalition on Oil in Sudan (ECOS)
Negotiations between NCP [National Congress Party] and SPLM [Sudan Peoples' Liberation Movement] on post-referendum arrangements for Sudan’s oil industry are to resume on 1 March 2011 in Addis Ababa. The shared dependency on oil between North and...
- Egalement dans: Sudan: ECOS urges parties to resolve the "oil industry's painful legacies" in post-referendum arrangements
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest news on conflict & peace Sudan
- Entreprises concernées: Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC)
Auteur: Intl. Council of Swedish Industry (NIR), Swedish Institute of Intl. Affairs (UI)
The role of private sector actors in peace processes is a growing field of research...it is clear that private sector actors may play important roles when it comes to fostering peace and development in conflictaffected countries...The development from...
Auteur: Jenara Nerenberg, Fast Company
George Clooney is joining Google, the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, and the United Nations in an effort called the Satellite Sentinel Project to monitor violence and human rights violations in Sudan as the country prepares to vote on January 9......
Auteur: Katie Nguyen, Reuters
As if getting relief supplies to conflict zones isn't hard enough, there's always a risk the air charter company you've hired is also involved in a spot of weapons smuggling…Last year, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)...
Auteur: UN Global Compact
The first joint UN Global Compact – Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) event was convened in Khartoum on 1-2 March 2010 in collaboration with the Global Compact Local Network Sudan. The event focused on responsible business and investment in...
- Domaines à la loupe: International organizations Sudan UN Global Compact work stream on "Business and Peace"
Auteur: Maram Mazen, Bloomberg
Sudan wants oil companies to develop a new oilfield in its troubled northwestern Darfur region Energy and Mining Minister Al-Zubair Ahmed Al-Hassan said…“We urge companies not to deal with the regime in Khartoum in oil exploration,” [said] Ahmed...
Auteur: Global Witness
The will and the capacity of the United Nations...and Member States to deal with natural resource fuelled conflicts is weak. In eastern Democratic Republic of Congo...civilians die on a daily basis because of a war that is stoked by the international...
- Egalement dans: Global Witness report accuses international community of ignoring role of natural resources in fuelling conflicts
- Domaines à la loupe: NGO Recent NGO reports Sudan
- Entreprises concernées: Afrimex AMC Group Arcelor Mittal China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Thailand Smelting and Refining (part of AMC Group)
Auteur: David Glovin, Bloomberg
A [US] federal appeals court upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit accusing Talisman Energy Inc., a Canadian explorer, of human rights violations in Sudan... “Plaintiffs have not established Talisman’s purposeful complicity in human rights abuses,” the...
- Egalement dans: Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) US court upholds dismissal of lawsuit against Talisman accusing it of complicity in Sudan abuses
- Domaines à la loupe: Latest Legal News Sudan
- Entreprises concernées: Talisman
Auteur: [column] David Weidner, Wall Street Journal
Given the choice, we would reject profiting from criminal activity… [W]e wouldn't accept cash from a regime supporting genocide. It wouldn't even be a choice -- for most of us. That's why it's so repulsive that mutual-fund companies including Vanguard...
- Egalement dans: Blood Money on Wall Street - U.S. Fund Companies Need to Take a Stronger Stand for Human Rights
- Domaines à la loupe: Sudan
- Entreprises concernées: Berkshire Hathaway Fidelity Investments ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Sinopec TIAA-CREF Vanguard