Guidance by governments and government bodies
Oil & Gas Sector Guide on Implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights [PDF]
Author and date: Published by European Commission; developed by Institute for Human Rights and Business, and Shift
Guidance by NGOs
- [PDF] "Community –company grievance resolution: A guide for the Australian mining industry"
- Author and date: Oxfam Australia, May 2009
- "Mining & Health: A Community-Centred Health Assessment Toolkit"
- Author and date: Mining Watch Canada, Nov 2009
- "Breaking Ground: Engaging Communities in Extractive and Infrastructure Projects"
- Includes "Principles for Effective Community Engagement"
- Author: World Resources Institute
- [PDF] "Conflict sensitive business practices – guidance for the extractive industries"
- Author and date: International Alert (developed in partnership with UN Global Compact and Intl. Institute for Sustainable Development), 2005
- [PDF] "Protecting Your Community Against Mining Companies And Other Extractive Industries: A Guide For Community Organizers"
- Author and date: Carlos Zorrilla, with Arden Buck, Paula Palmer and David Pellow, 2009
- [PDF] "Free, prior and informed consent: The role of mining companies"
- Author and date: Oxfam Australia, Oct 2007
- [PDF] "Women, communities and mining: The gender impacts of mining and the role of gender impact assessment"
- Author and date: Oxfam Australia, 2009
Guidance and toolkits by industry and multi-stakeholder associations
- Integrating human rights into environmental, social and health impact assessments. A practical guide for the oil and gas industry. IPIECA, Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR), Dec 2013
- Preventing Conflict In Exploration: a Toolkit for Explorers and Developers
Corporate Engagement Project, World Vision Canada, Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada, May 2012
- "Human Rights in the Mining and Metals Industry: Overview, Management Approach and Issues"
- Author and date: Intl. Council for Mining and Metals, May 2009
- "Human Rights Training Toolkit for the Oil and Gas Industry"
- Author: International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA), 2014
- [PDF] "Human Rights in the Mining & Metals Industry – Handling and Resolving Local Level Concerns & Grievances"
- Author and date: Intl. Council for Mining and Metals, Oct 2009
- "Good Practice Guidance on Occupational Health Risk Assessment"
- Author and date: Intl. Council for Mining and Metals, 2010
- "[PDF] Leadership Matters: Managing Fatal Risk Guidance"
Author and date: Intl. Council for Mining and Metals, Apr 2010
- "Initiative for responsible mining assurance"
- Participants include mining companies, jewellery retailers, NGOs and trade associations
- "[PDF] Good Practice Guide: Indigenous Peoples and Mining"
Author and date: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals, Oct 2010
- "Oil & Gas Industry Guidance on Voluntary Sustainability Reporting"
- Author and date: IPIECA; API; OGP, Sep 2015
- "[PDF] HIV/AIDS Resource Guide for the Mining Sector"
- Author and date: IFC, 2002
Guidance by companies
- Anglo American: "SEAT – Socio-Economic Assessment Toolbox"
- Rio Tinto: "Human Rights Guidance"
- Rio Tinto: "[PDF] Why gender matters - A resource guide for integrating gender considerations into Communities work at Rio Tinto"
- Talisman: (written by Foley Hoag, commissioned by Talisman): "Implementing a Corporate Free, Prior, and Informed Consent Policy: Benefits and Challenges"
Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Voluntary Principles on Security & Human Rights
- [PDF] Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights: Implementation Guidance Tools
- Author and date: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals, Intl. Committee of the Red Cross, Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association, Intl. Finance Corporation, 2011
- [PDF] "Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights: Performance Indicators"
- Author and date: International Alert, Jun 2008
- [PDF] "The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights: An Implementation Toolkit for Major Project Sites"
- Author and date: Don McFetridge - Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, Japan Environmental and Social Challenges Fund, Anvil Mining, Jul 2008
Histoires et éléments mentionnés dans ce domaine à la loupe
Auteur: Climática – Lamarea.com
“El lugar más árido del planeta está amenazado por culpa de la gran demanda de vehículos eléctricos y teléfonos inteligentes” – 29 de noviembre de 2019...